Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Fashion?

Wondering if it is a fashion nowadays -

- To hate Siddhu
- To hate Aishwarya Rai
- To hate Shahrukh Khan
- To hate Himesh Reshammiya
- To hate Indian music/movies
- To hate remakes
- To hate software engineers
...

I have encountered many people boasting about these sentiments. Besides not considering achievements of these hated people, my main worry is 'hate' being the fashion. Why is 'liking' something considered less important than 'hating'?

Also, I believe 'hate' is a way too strong a word to be used so frequently and freely without any thoughts on its meaning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I fully agree with ya, too many hate communities & people passing mindless remarks without giving the thought to the persons hardwrok to attain that kind of credibility.

I see little hope of things chnaging in the near future, in a country where u only look for an excuse to kill, hating is not that big a sin.

Amit Shah said...

Well said.